Thinking about adding a retractable or stationary awning to your home or business? There are many factors to consider, such as the benefits that come with it and the enhanced outdoor experiences you and your friends or family will come to enjoy! Listed below are some of the exclusive benefits that come with adding one of our awnings in Boulder, CO to your home –
The benefits of awnings go far beyond aesthetic appeal.
- Awnings and canopies can extend your living space by creating an “outdoor room.”
- Sunbrella fabrics have been proven to provide up to 98 percent protection from the sun’s harmful effects when used in shade applications.
- Awnings protect interior drapes, furnishings, and floor coverings from undue fading.
Not only will you be able to experience the comforting shade of your new outdoor living room, but reduce your cooling costs too! Awnings provide an excellent form of shading the prevents excess sunlight from entering through your windows. Listed below are more of the excellent conservation characteristics that come with an awning in Boulder, CO –
Awnings are a great way to conserve energy.
- According to the California Energy Commission, shading your home with exterior awnings can reduce indoor temperatures by as much as 20 degrees.
- U.S. Department of Energy and American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) studies show that an awning can reduce heat gain by 55 to 65 percent on southern-facing windows and 72 to 77 percent on western exposures.
- Since awning fabric doesn’t trap heat or moisture, an awning can reduce air-conditioning costs by as much as 25%.
Did you know that 40% of the unwanted heat that builds up in your house comes in through windows and patio doors?
- Although both exterior and interior shades can control this heat gain, exterior awnings are far more effective, since they block sunlight before it enters the window.
We offer a vast variety of awning options and styles to choose from that can perfectly match your home or businesses needs. At Peterson Canvas & Awnings, our priority is helping meet our clients needs and doing so by finding you the most suitable type of awning in Boulder, CO for your home or business. Listed below are the different types of awnings, shades and shading products we offer
- A retractable awning provides sun when you want it and shade when you need it while being attractive, functional and energy-efficient!
- Options include remote controls, protective hoods for the mechanisms, wind and sun sensors for automatic operation when unattended, and front drop shades for additional protection from the sun.
- We offer Eclipse Awning Systems, engineered for flexibility, strength,and durability.
- Eclipse Awning Systems is proud to carry the prestigious Skin Cancer Foundation “Seal of Recommendation” on its products utilizing Sunbrella fabrics.
- Choose from a wide range of beautiful colors and patterns of decorator Sunbrella fabric. A variety of valance styles are available to accent your retractable awning.
- Imagine a new “outdoor room” where you can relax and entertain, away from the sun’s bright and unrelenting rays!
- A variety of valance styles are available to accent your awning.
- Pull-up awnings are elegant, versatile, durable and economical. They will give your home the character and charm you have been searching for.
- A pull-up awning on your window offers great energy saving benefits, reducing your cooling costs during the hot summer months, while protecting your interior furnishings from undue fading.
- An added advantage to a pull-up awning is that you can retract it up and out of the way, enabling the sun’s warmth to enter your home on a sunny winter day.
- Ten year limited warranty on all Sunbrella fabrics.
- Ten year warranty, with optional lifetime frame warranty, on retractable lateral arm awnings from Eclipse Awning Systems.
- Five year warranty on solar shades from Eclipse Awning Systems.
- Five year warranty on Somfy motors.
- Two year warranty on our workmanship, except on rollershades, which carry a one year warranty.
Contact Us Today
To schedule a free in-home consultation, visit our contact page or call us today at (970) 493-4033.