The benefits of awnings go far beyond aesthetic appeal.
- Awnings and canopies can extend your living space by creating an “outdoor room.”
- Sunbrella fabrics have been proven to provide up to 98 percent protection from the sun’s harmful effects when used in shade applications.
- Awnings protect interior drapes, furnishings, and floor coverings from undue fading.
Awnings are a great way to conserve energy.
- According to the California Energy Commission, shading your home with exterior awnings can reduce indoor temperatures by as much as 20 degrees.
- U.S. Department of Energy and American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) studies show that an awning can reduce heat gain by 55 to 65 percent on southern-facing windows and 72 to 77 percent on western exposures.
- Since awning fabric doesn’t trap heat or moisture, an awning can reduce air-conditioning costs by as much as 25%.
Did you know that 40% of the unwanted heat that builds up in your house comes in through windows and patio doors?
- Although both exterior and interior shades can control this heat gain, exterior awnings are far more effective, since they block sunlight before it enters the window.
- This fabric is known for its fade, stain, and mildew resistance, and for its durability and UV protection.
- Sunbrella fabrics earned the “Seal of Recommendation” by the Skin Cancer Foundation, the only global organization concerned exclusively with cancer of the skin.
- Sunbrella fabric is available in over 100 colors and patterns — click HERE to view the Sunbrella Fabric Showroom.
- A retractable awning provides sun when you want it and shade when you need it while being attractive, functional and energy-efficient! A lateral arm retractable awning is easily and quickly operated by motor or hand crank, and requires no vertical support. Ideal for decks and patios, it can be mounted on the wall, soffit or roof.
- Options include remote controls, protective hoods for the mechanisms, wind and sun sensors for automatic operation when unattended, and front drop shades for additional protection from the sun.
- We offer Eclipse Awning Systems, engineered for flexibility, strength,and durability.
- Eclipse Awning Systems is proud to carry the prestigious Skin Cancer Foundation “Seal of Recommendation” on its products utilizing Sunbrella fabrics.
- Choose from a wide range of beautiful colors and patterns of decorator Sunbrella fabric. A variety of valance styles are available to accent your retractable awning.
- Rollershades are a flattering way to stop heat gain and provide shade.
- Today’s mesh fabrics effectively block 80-90% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. Mesh fabrics will eliminate glare yet won’t hide the view. Another option is to choose 100% acrylic canvas to totally block the sun. Both fabrics come in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Our rollershades employ a tried and true method of operation using rope and pulleys to adjust up or down. We install dozens of these each summer. The most popular application is for homeowners with a covered deck who need additional shade later in the day when the sun is lower. A rollershade can also be attached to an overhead awning for added sun blockage. We typically provide a way to reduce sway when a breeze does blow.
Solar Shades / Vertical Drops
- Solar shades are exterior retractable solar screens that stop up to 90 percent of the solar heat rays, and can even offer a 100 percent block out shade.
- Available in widths from 28 inches to 20 feet with drops of 12 inches to 20 feet.
- Available in 3 frame finishes — white, tan, or bronze.
- A wide selection of standard fabrics are used, and fabric seams are welded and horizontal.
- Motorized or manual operation.
- Available guides include tracks, cables, or a combination of the two.
- We can fabricate metal awnings to fit your specific needs in a range of colors, including standing seam options.
Dome / Rounded Awnings
- A typical dome follows the arc in your windows or front door.
- Your awning will be custom made of square steel or aluminum tubing and fitted with your choice of outdoor fabric. Choose from a wide array of decorator fabrics to accent and beautify your home.
- A traditional mansard awning frame is triangular shaped. It is constructed of square steel tubing and covered in your choice of acrylic canvas. Choose from a variety of valance designs to give added personality to your awning.
- Mansard awnings are made to withstand winds up to 100 mph and snow loads of 30 pounds per square foot.
- Imagine a new “outdoor room” where you can relax and entertain, away from the sun’s bright and unrelenting rays!
- A rigid patio cover is constructed of steel tube rafters over which a removable fabric cover is laced. The steel frame is anchored to your existing concrete patio or the joists of your deck. Peterson Canvas will custom design your awning to follow the contour of your patio or deck and fit your roof line. Our patio covers are engineered to withstand 100 mph winds and snow loads of 30 pounds per square foot.
- A variety of valance styles are available to accent your awning.
- Pull-up awnings are elegant, versatile, durable and economical. They will give your home the character and charm you have been searching for.
- Fabricated with a rope and pulley system, these window awnings are designed to rest above your window when retracted. In the down position, projection ends typically at one-half the height of your window. Your pull-up awning is constructed with a cold rolled steel frame, which can be designed to accommodate casement windows.
- A pull-up awning on your window offers great energy saving benefits, reducing your cooling costs during the hot summer months, while protecting your interior furnishings from undue fading.
- An added advantage to a pull-up awning is that you can retract it up and out of the way, enabling the sun’s warmth to enter your home on a sunny winter day.
- Ten year limited warranty on all Sunbrella fabrics.
- Ten year warranty, with optional lifetime frame warranty, on retractable lateral arm awnings from Eclipse Awning Systems.
- Five year warranty on solar shades from Eclipse Awning Systems.
- Five year warranty on Somfy motors.
- Two year warranty on our workmanship, except on rollershades, which carry a one year warranty.