The benefits of awnings go far beyond aesthetic appeal.
- Awnings and canopies can extend your living space by creating an “outdoor room.”
- Sunbrella fabrics have been proven to provide up to 98 percent protection from the sun’s harmful effects when used in shade applications.
- Awnings protect interior drapes, furnishings, and floor coverings from undue fading.
Awnings are a great way to conserve energy.
- According to the California Energy Commission, shading your home with exterior awnings can reduce indoor temperatures by as much as 20 degrees.
- U.S. Department of Energy and American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) studies show that an awning can reduce heat gain by 55 to 65 percent on southern-facing windows and 72 to 77 percent on western exposures.
- Since awning fabric doesn’t trap heat or moisture, an awning can reduce air-conditioning costs by as much as 25%.
Did you know that 40% of the unwanted heat that builds up in your house comes in through windows and patio doors?
Although both exterior and interior shades can control this heat gain, exterior awnings are far more effective, since they block sunlight before it enters the window.
- This fabric is known for its fade, stain, and mildew resistance, and for its durability and UV protection.
- Sunbrella fabrics earned the “Seal of Recommendation” by the Skin Cancer Foundation, the only global organization concerned exclusively with cancer of the skin.
- Sunbrella fabric is available in over 100 colors and patterns — click HERE to view the Sunbrella Fabric Showroom.
- Ten year limited warranty on all Sunbrella fabrics.
- Ten year warranty, with optional lifetime frame warranty, on retractable lateral arm awnings from Eclipse Awning Systems.
- Five year warranty on solar shades from Eclipse Awning Systems.
- Five year warranty on Somfy motors.
Schedule an in-home consultation
Invite us to stop by and give you some free advise and ideas on how you can set up your retractable awning or retractable pergola.